Tips and Tricks that can help you save Time and Money!
With most people having enough on their plate with family, work, hobbies, health and so on most of us simply do not have the time to become real estate professionals. Yet, for most home owners and home buyers, our homes our are biggest investment and finding ways to save money and time can be huge. We have broken down the basics into four categories that we feel can provide any real estate owner, investor or soon to be buyer with helpful tips and tricks they can use in today’s real estate market.
Tips For Home Buyers
Tips For Home Sellers
Tips on Cost
Home Renovations & Repair
Tips For Home Buyers
When it comes to buying a home there are a lot of factors to consider here are a few tips to help the process along
- Find The Right Agent – Working with an Agent who is familiar with the area and understands the market and that you feel comfortable with can make all the difference in the world.
- Know Your Budget – From down payment to monthly mortgage payments make sure that before you shop for a home you calculate a monthly mortgage payment that is right for you and a down payment you can afford.
- Do Your Homework – A home is a long term investment as much as place to live so make sure that you have done your homework on the area you wish to purchase your home including resale values, school districts, proximity to amenities and so on.
Tips for Selling Your Home
We offer home buying and home selling courses at our office teaching potential sellers the importance of ….
Call today (909) 821-1400 and request a free home selling guide or to attend one of our Home Buying Courses.
Cost Calculations are vital in the real estate process as real estate and home ownership are most families largest investment as well as the place they live. Here are few tips to help you find the true cost of your next real estate project or purchase.
- Use a mortgage payment calculator – there are several free mortgage calculators out there that will help you figure out what borrowing money will cost.
- Know Your County’s Tax Rate – Each county has there own property tax rate, knowing what your real estate tax obligations are each year is vital in the cost calculation process.
- Shop for the right insurance – Protecting your home with the right insurance plan is important and many insurance companies offer discounts when you have multiple policies such as life, auto and home owners insurance all with one insurance company.
- Additional cost’s to consider – when you buy or sell a home there are a few set costs that go with the process such as escrow fee’s, title fee’s, inspection fee’s certification fee’s, loan fee’s appraisal fees and so on. MAke sure you know what fees are involved and what fees are considered “Junk” .
Home Renovations & Repairs
Every home ages and as it does repairs and even renovations become necessary, making sure you get the best bang for your real estate dollar can save a homeowner thousands of dollars each year. Here are a few suggestions to help you save money and time on your homes repairs and renovations.
- Use a Licensed contractor from the area for larger jobs – Though unlicensed contractors or handy men can be a bit more affordable they are not supposed to bid jobs over $500 as they are not bonded or insured and can sometime cost a homeowner far more than they saved by using them.
- Get more than 1 Bid – When it comes to any repairs on your home make sure you get estimates from 2-3 local contractors and ask a lot of questions to make sure you have the most information available before you make a decision.
Over 25 Years of Real Estate Service
When you hire the Scott Jones Real Estate Team you get more than just an Agent. You get the entire buyers team focused on finding the best loan programs, the right home in the neighborhood you desire.
Finding the right real estate agent can be as difficult as finding the right home sometimes and so Scott and his team make sure to provide the individualized service that every client needs.
When it comes to finding a home or selling your home fast, to finding the right lender and escrow company and all of the inspections and paperwork the go with buying or selling real estate Scott is there ready to answer your questions and get the job done.